This week brought back the return of Congress from a 2 week district work period so that meant events, events, + more events. No complaints because that means events = checks being delivered. As a result, I get to add more numbers!
- Remember when I talked about May being Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage month? In celebration of the month, the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center’s theme is “I am Beyond”. Honoring trailblazers and cultures that make the United States great! Plus you can read the White House’s press release of the President’s Proclamation. #AAPI
- Everyone who knows me, knows that I’m a HUGE fan of former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton. She’s always been an advocate for women and children and here she talks about how “older women” still have “great abilities” that will benefit society while at the Simmons Leadership Conference. Readers: Does age make a difference? Share your comments!
- So we gotta give former President Bill Clinton some props too. His alma mater, Georgetown University recently posted a 4 part lecture series where the former President discusses “the guiding principles that have shaped his career in public service”. Since we think leadership is key to a life in elected office it’s always a good idea to keep learning from the best.
- I think it’s important to have female role models and these young African American ladies are striving to emulate some of the best in society.
- Of course, we have to talk about fundraising and dark money (sometimes I feel like we’re going to see Dr. Spock when he talks about dark matter, but I regress). Here’s why it’s not going away.