- With the situation in Ferguson, it reminds me that People of Color (POC) are in this together so although I have never lived the life of an African American fe(male), I do understand how the color of your skin can sway people’s perceptions/prejudices. As a member of the Asian American community, I am a fierce advocate of creating opportunities for all of us to have a seat at the table but it’s also necessary that those who have privilege, use their advantages. Do I think that my own upbringing with a white German American father and a Vietnamese mother shaped my attitudes? Absolutely! NPR’s Michel Martin captured this concept beautifully in her piece about white women using their privilege to help with women of color.
- So I’ve been enthralled with Makers. They’ve been providing great content via twitter & this video was terrific in talking about the next generation of women using our differences as females to become leaders. Check them out and give them a follow @MAKERSwomen!
- With the success of Blogger & Twitter, Evan Williams can give advice to entrepreneurs.
- Learning a new word in productivity: triage.
- A primer on how to conduct yourself in a meeting – I personally can not handle someone else speaking just to hear themselves talk.
- I am such a creature of habit and these tips are good reminders to stay disciplined.
- When hiring managers are spending less than 2 minutes to review a resume, you might want to use these phrases to get their attention.
- These women leaders are sharing their knowledge so read up and take action!
Thanks for reading and drop me your comments!