Photo credit: Goal Digger
Aiiiggghhhttt – time to hit it! I hope you had a cracking time during the holiday season but it’s time to put down the eggnog and get to business. I’m in the process of getting a new project started that should be announced shortly so I got a deadline to keep myself. In the meantime, get to reading those Tuesday Truths!
- So I tell everyone who wants to be a campaign consultant, get working on some campaigns (outside of DC, of course!) because the camaraderie you share on those campaigns can forge life long friendships and business opportunities. There was a time in my life where I thought I would never date a colleague because I would just leave my work at work (well, was I ever wrong!). Now, making friends on the job is certainly different than dating, and having colleagues who have your back is like having a few extra aces up your sleeve.
- Today is the start of the 114th Congress with newly elected members being sworn into office. This Congress is the most diverse EVER (yay!) which comprises of nearly 20% women and a little over 17% non-white. So let’s do a little basic math = this means that the Congress is still comprised of 80% of men whereas the population is more than 50% female and white non-Hispanics comprise of 63% of the population. Nowhere near a true reflection of the population in representation. How can we take steps to have a more representative Congress in the future?
- 50 Cent and vision boards = a life coach who has flaws but who also recognizes that he’s not an expert.
- Serious goals for feminists this year – what are you going to do help the movement?
- So happiness can produce success – ways that you can bring more happiness to your life. I like this strategy and it continues my way to #livinahappylife
Hit me up on the comments section and let me know how your 2015 goals are coming along!
Thanks for reading/sharing and don’t forget to subscribe if you haven’t already!