Photo credit via
It’s the last week of congressional recess and we’re gearing up for the start of the return of the Members from the August break. There’s going to be a rush of fundraising events for the next couple of weeks to get to the end of the September 30th filing deadline. I got a chance to get away and really not respond to emails (!!) which was really an amazing feeling. So now, I’m ready to focus and get going with my to do list. It’s not the end of summer – it’s the beginning of fall!
Today I’m saying a “See you later” to a dear friend who I have known since we were young adults in college. We’ve gone through a myriad of personal and professional ups & downs and she’s following her dream by joining the Peace Corps. As a result, she’s traveling across the world and I won’t get to see her for 28 months!! We’ll Skype and go old school and have written correspondence but without the physical aspect of giving one another a hug when we might need one. Her tenacity to accomplish this goal inspires me to reach for mine (who needs New Year’s resolutions when there are people everyday who are on their own personal journey!). I hope you have someone in your life who can inspire you as much as she does. Which leads me to 13 fantastic women who are coming to my house for dinner tonight. I’m hosting the Women’s Information Network (WIN) Executive Committee and anyone of these ladies is an inspiration. If you haven’t joined WIN yet, don’t miss the opportunity to be a part of a great organization of up and coming leaders. Find your tribe and no matter where they are and what they do, they’ll keep you engaged and reaching for your own goals.
So let’s serve up Tuesday Truths!
- I’ve always talked about fundraising and the crazy that can go with it. It’s a constant conversation about how fundraising has changed in the 20+ years that I’ve been working in politics and the results of its evolution. With the plethora of presidential candidates, here’s an infographic of how the different types of organizations are supporting the work of their preferred candidate.
- “Tough times never last but tough people do” – my favorite mantra when I’m feeling the struggle. Here are some other motivational inspirations to get you over the bump in the road.
- It’s been a while since I did a post on negotiation so get a refresher or learn some new tips. Making a precise offer down to the dollar is one trick. Do you have any techniques that you care to share?
- Not sure why you’re being passed up for a promotion? Need some ideas of how to improve your chances? Here are the 3 reasons why you’re not getting that new and improved job title. On the opposite side of “how come everyone is being promoted” is how to tune out negativity and be the best version of yourself. We talk about not comparing yourself to others and digging deep and staying committed to what makes you well, you. Looking for glory may not be the best motivation so finding your north star can help you stay true to your goals. Then there’s the happy balance! Don’t be afraid to live your dreams because along with hard work, you can find your definition of success.
- All the things that run through my head but never wrote down but someone else did when someone wants to get coffee with me….hilarious!
Thanks for reading/sharing/subscribing!