Photo credit via
I can feel myself getting sick and it really sucks because I usually don’t get sick! I have a crazy immune system so I’m hoping that this one cold is THE one cold for the winter season. Ain’t nobody got time for this!
Let’s get to Tuesday Truths minus the germs 🙂
- We haven’t talked about branding in a while so here’s a great article that articulates why personal branding is essential to career success. The more you know your narrative and how it makes you unique to others, the more you can differentiate yourself from the pack. Blending in can be a good thing but being distinctive is also just as good.
- My good friend, Maria Meier has a fantastic piece on her blog about “Should-ing” and why it’s important to be reminded of the difference between should and could. It’s a mighty powerful mental attitude that can help your career trajectory.
- What is setting back women in corporate America? According to Betsy Myers, it’s the 24/7 work day. Valuing being busy vs being productive is a main highlight and finding ways to change the environment that allows women to be productive has to be recognized as a new norm in the workplace.
- While we’re on the subject of productivity, here are some hacks to get to a more productive you!
- For many of the readers of this blog, I think you already know the definition of what it means to be a “strong woman” but if you ever need a reminder or if those around you need a one stop place, I’ve got you…
- I’m a believer in feminism and intersectionality so this campaign has given me all the feels. #MyFeminismIs
- One of the best parts of my life is working with the Women’s Information Network (WIN) and meeting extraordinary women who are making a difference in this world. One such woman is Helen Babb. She and I met at a WIN event and hit it off. Read more about her journey from Australia to DC and how she’s using her communication skills to help her progressive clients.
Thanks for reading/sharing and tell your friends to subscribe!