Photo credit via
Today’s Election Day so if you’ve got local elections, go vote!
We’re weeks away from the end of the year and people starting to make New Year’s resolutions. I believe that there’s always room for improvement so why wait until the end or start of the year to change habits or to throw something else into the mix? Evolution doesn’t wait for the calendar!
- I like to say that I’m a jack of all trades and a master of nothing because I do so many seemingly random things without much thought of how well I actually do them. I do have some proficiency in these different areas: I’ve taken voice lessons throughout my life and even when I was taking lessons, never really used them in a way to publicly showcase the work that I put into learning Italian phonetically so that I can sing opera so although not a lot of people have heard me sing in my adult years, I know how to read music and play guitar. Every once in a while, certain hobbies will take priorities over others – for now, it’s French and surfing. So what do you want to do when you realize that you have a lot of interests and not a lot of time to fulfill your learning? Here you can learn how to prioritize and focus your many interests. My mom is sometimes sad that I didn’t continue playing guitar since she was the one who “made” me take lessons but I believe that it’s just as important that I pursue interests with a broader sense of educating myself. Doesn’t matter if you’re an expert or dabbling, I think it makes the world more interesting to learn as much as you can.
- Everyone has their struggles and life is never perfect so when you need a reservoir of patience or a reminder of how life’s struggles make you stronger, you can think of these 8 things.
- I’ve worked with a lot of people in Silicon Valley and with no disrespect to the culture or to the people who innovate, I really dislike the word disruptive. So although this article has that word in the title, I’m still a fan of what they’re saying about being a great leader. My favorite by far about any office or work environment is creating a place where people can ask “Why?” because every thing we do has a reason and if people can innovate a better method to achieve the Why then things are going to get accomplished.
- If you’re looking for your first job, here are a few tips on you can get a good job without a lot of work experience.
- Did you know that you can transfer stress to others and others to you? You can protect yourself with a few strategies so that you create a positive mental barrier. Just like secondhand smoke, secondhand stress can be dangerous.
- Just because it’s Election Day, it doesn’t mean we stop working on advocating for issues. If you need a terrific guide on the basics of community advocacy, head on over to the Campaign Workshop!
Thanks for reading/sharing and get your friends to subscribe!