Photo credit via
I hope that you had a relaxing holiday! I’m ready to tackle the next few weeks so that I can mentally prepare for 2017. Tis the season for reflection and setting goals. So let’s take a look at Tuesday Truths to see how we can jump start the new year.
- When we think about branding, it’s also a reflection of how we view ourselves as well as how others view us. This also develops into how this outward appearance helps you in reaching your personal mission statement. Do you know yours? If not, then here are a few thoughts you can consider when you think about how to reach your goals.
- Sometimes when you set goals and not meet them, you wonder if they were too lofty or question if you have the stamina to reach them. What’s important is to realize that you need to set your goals that motivate you to achieve them vs make you more frustrated. Here are a few tips that you can use so that you can make those goals achievable as well as keep you moving towards the bigger picture.
- I’m a big fan of lists and I’m always looking for more efficient ways to make lists that make my life easier. Here’s a way to create your list so that it maximizes your productivity. In my opinion, there isn’t one perfect way to get your to do list done. You need to always keep it real and effective. Learning to find your rhythm can help with making those lists more productive. Did I mention that there’s a million different ways to put together a list? Cause I got one more suggestion for you. What do you do to increase the efficiency of your to do list?
- With the new year comes a fresh start and there are times when we take risks to shake things up a bit so how do you make a risky move less risky? Before you jump into the deep end, you can do “life design interviews” to see if a change in careers is really in the cards for you. Something I probably should have done when I had my quarter life crisis!
- Women have a more challenging environment in our professional careers because it’s not the social norm to have a life that includes family and professional achievement all rolled into one. We are questioned about our priorities of having children over the financial bottom line for the companies where we work. It’s a time in our lives when we start to question how do we prioritize? How does this connect with our personal achievements and goals? Ambition isn’t a dirty word. It’s also important to recognize that women have complicated roles in society and when we’re placed in positions where men are the norm, there are societal pressures that put women in a bind. We are constantly asserting ourselves while trying to please everyone else.
- Don’t forget that it’s also a time for self-care so here are 50 ways you can give yourself a hug.
Thanks for reading/sharing and if you have any tips that you care to add, please share!