Hi Tuesday Truths readers! Welcome back and Happy New Year! We re-started the clock for 2018 and we’re excited for the next 51 weeks.
- In recent months, I’ve had friends who left their very stable consulting jobs for new careers. They basically were burnt out and wanted jobs that fulfilled their passions. When I saw this article in Forbes, it really re-engaged my mind about the ideas that I have in my own mind about starting a new business outside of my current portfolio. These women turned their skill sets into new careers in different fields. It’s an amazing leap of faith (in yourself!) and isn’t for the faint of heart. Remember when we talked about failing bigger in 2017? What ideas have been churning in your brain??
- We’re technically in 2018 and although these questions are meant for the end of the year, it’s always good to ask them of yourself so that you can give yourself an assessment of where you are and where you were. My favorite question was, “Who enriched my life in a big way”. These are definitely not your standard reflection questions and that brings a different mentality to how you answer the questions, and ultimately how you see yourself.
- One of the best parts about being a consultant is that I’ve had enough experience to see a variety of game plans and knowing my role, I can develop my own plan within the overall campaign with different clients. As a result, life isn’t cookie cutter and I get to do my own thing. If you’re looking to make moves on your career these tips can help you into the fast lane. All of these things apply to me even working as an independent consultant and even more so. Get out there and show your work!
- At this point, we’ve had almost a year of some extreme activism and it’s unrelenting. If you’re avoiding burnout and want to ensure that you don’t get caught up in the flames, check out this tips. I’ve also been a fan of Nonprofit AF and the weekly blog posts. Self care is a big topic these days due to the political environment. Everyone needs to take a break and re-charge. We have a long road ahead and we need you to stick around healthy!
- I’m at peak performance in the morning. If I don’t get a good night’s sleep, it ruins my entire day. Here are ways that you can make your morning routine a little more productive and tailored for your style. I need to find time in my schedule for more language learning so as with all things in life, managing your time is also managing your priorities.
- Are you having feelings of imposter syndrome? When you need to check your self confidence, take a look out these traits to start enacting them. Stop comparing yourself and welcome the competition. If you want to reach for higher, you’ll have to dig deep into yourself to help others. That’s how others will view you. Get it!
- One of the things that I’m working on for 2018 is to be kind and to engage in more acts of kindness (random or otherwise). As a result, I hope that decreases any internal biases and a level of righteousness that can lead to being prideful. This certainly gets exacerbated when communicating with people who have different opinions/values than my own. It doesn’t help in continuing dialogue and the more time we can spend out of our echo chamber, the better it is to understand those who aren’t like us. Which leads me to the question is it possible to love your enemies? I think it’s an exercise worth trying.
Thanks for reading/sharing & subscribing! See you next week!